What is Plug and Play Garden Lighting System?
The Plug and Play Garden lighting system consists of a range of 12v low voltage garden lights including Halogen and LED light sources which are simple to install and easy to illuminate. Light fittings that can be easily and safely installed by almost anybody and without an electrician.
12Volt – Simple and safe
The Plug and Play garden lighting system is designed to guarantee your safety and that of your children and pets. 12volt (low voltage) is considered to be safe by European guide lines. Improved technology has now allowed 12volt lighting to provide sufficient light output to illuminate gardens and create ambient and atmospheric light effects.
The safety and simplicity of this lighting system makes it possible for anyone to install this lighting themselves. The complete systems, from transformer to the fitting itself, is manufactured with watertight screw connectors so no tools will be necessary during installation. The assembly of the lamps may require a screwdriver.
How does the system work?
Each light fitting sold is supplied with 2m of cable with a watertight screw connector. These connectors fit directly to the low voltage main cables and transformers that are supplied within the Plug and Play section, its that easy!
You do not require any special tools just a screwdriver, just follow these simple steps and of you go!
1. Choose your light fittings from the Plug and Play product range, add up the total amount of watts of the chosen light fittings to determine the total amount of watts required from the transformers, available in either 21, 60 or 150w.
2. A 21 or 60w transformer needs to start with a SPT-1 main cable and a 150Watt transformer needs to start with a low voltage SPT-03 main cable.
3. The location of the garden defines how many extension cables and cable connectors are needed.
4. Now you can start the installation. Cables do not have to be dug into the ground, however, sinking them into the ground may prevent damage caused by garden tools, lawn mowers and general physical movement. You can easily complete the whole installation yourself without the help of an electrician.
5. Each installed lighting system can be extended or adapted at any time. The product range contains a number of different transformers, mains cables, extension cable and cable connectors.
Please Note: All Plug & Play Transformers, Connectors and Cables are specifically designed to be used with Plug & Play Light Fittings and Fixtures and cannot be used in conjunction with any products other than those listed within the Plug & Play Product Range.
Design your light scheme and choose your light fittings from the Plug & Play Products.
To give you a hand here are some of the lighting applications that may be suited to your garden and / or patio lighting project.
To illuminate specific features and objects in the garden. Fittings that can be directed and adjusted to hi light the specific feature.
Another way to illuminate specific features and objects from a fixed position on the ground.
Atmospheric Lighting (AT)
Lighting with LED or halogen light sources to offer atmospheric lighting in your garden.
Post-Bollard Lighting (PBL)
Straight, upright lighting fittings can be placed along pathways, lawns, planting areas which are available with lamps LEDs and Halogen lamp sources. These provide structure and direction.
Under Water Lighting (UWL)
You will find a number of fixtures amongst the Plug and Play range that are suited for permanent use under water. These can be recognised by the IP68 logo.
Orientation Lighting (OL)
For marking out your pathways, stairs and decking, there are several models, mostly LED lighting to choose from. These are also suited for creating an ambient atmosphere.
Look out for the guide line prefix.